Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Doubts about auto-update failure and related topics

Hello colleagues

I scheduled the update of the Dashboards I created and it threw me this information:

sdr10_0-1675792562428.png

I have the idea that it is because of the amount of data that is trying to update and indeed the data that I provide the IT team has 21 million records so it is very heavy, doubt:

1. In Power Query remove columns and filter the information of this data service that I was provided, but , still continues to update me 21 million records although in Power BI the changes are reflected Am I doing something halfway? Is there a way to lower the amount of data and weight, without having to resort to the IT team?

Thank you very much for your support

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin 

According to your screenshot error, you can see that the amount of data in the datset reaches 10GB when you refresh, which exceeds the limit of the shared capacity.
The first way to solve this problem is to try to reduce the data and model size of your data source, or limit your imported data.

For how to reduce your Power BI data model size, you can refer to :
Top 5 tips to reduce your Power BI data model size — Apex Insights: Power BI tips & tricks

How to reduce your Power BI model size by 90%! | by Nikola Ilic | Towards Data Science

The second is to see if your data source supports Direct Query connections, which are used to connect directly to the data source without importing data into our dataset, so that the 10GB limit is not exceeded.

For more information, you can refer to :
DirectQuery in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

The last method is to purchase Premium capacity to meet your needs, which is much larger than 10GB.

For more information, you can refer to :
Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.