Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dot Plot with Fixed Y-Axis

I am trying to create a Dot Plot that has a fixed Y-Axis that will allow me show the full range of possible Y-Values even if there isn't a data point that is plotted against that Y-value.

I would like to show all of the categories along the Y-Axis (fromm Unaware to Buy In) even if the category is empty and there isn't a data point that falls into that category. For example, if there wasn't a data point plotted at (3, Acceptance) I would still want the Acceptance category to be shown in order on the Y-Axis. How can I do this? 

Ex.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may tick the option "Show items with no data" .

103.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may tick the option "Show items with no data" .

103.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mihart
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Select to include null values.  And/or set the min and max values for that axis manually.

HTH

Michele

Hi @Anonymous 

Few more details. In the Formatting pane, play around with these settings.  Also try switching between Linear and Log.

HTH

Michele

dotplot1.pngdotplot2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. I have looked into the Axis settings but haven't been able to find anything...

The "Commitment Level" field in Category I is populating my Y-Axis but is only showing the categories that contain data (Unaware-1, Aware-2, Understanding-3, Buy In-5) and not showing Acceptance-4 because there are no data entries in the category. How do I solve for this?

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.