Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IshPradhan
Employee
Employee

Does not recognize the measures even through it is there

I have two measure and they work by themselves.

CPS_UniqueMPNIDv2 = DISTINCTCOUNT(SQL_PartnerStatusReport[PartnerMPNID])

CPS_TotalNominationCount = SUM(SQL_PartnerStatusReport[NominationCount])

When I divide one with the other to get a average,

AverageEarningsPerUniquePartnerCount = DIVIDE(CPS_TotalNominationCount, CPS_UniqueMPNIDv2, 0)

I get the message 'CPS_TotalNominationCount'. It is not a valid table, variable, or function name. It highlights both measures actually.

Appreciate your help. Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @IshPradhan ,
Are both of these calculated measures or calculated columns? The 3rd measure you are creating, is it also a calculated measure or calculated column?
Please share a screenshot of error message.

Also, please try to enclose the measure names within square brackets once

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

I figured it out. Had to reference the measure by providing the Measure table name. This worked. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

AverageEarningsPerUniquePartnerCount = DIVIDE(MCAP_Measures_Calcs[CPS_TotalNominationCount], MCAP_Measures_Calcs[CPS_UniqueMPNIDv2], 0)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
IshPradhan
Employee
Employee

here is the screen shot of the error message

IshPradhan_1-1679939794174.png

IshPradhan
Employee
Employee

I have them all in the measures table

IshPradhan_0-1679939698687.png

I figured it out. Had to reference the measure by providing the Measure table name. This worked. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

AverageEarningsPerUniquePartnerCount = DIVIDE(MCAP_Measures_Calcs[CPS_TotalNominationCount], MCAP_Measures_Calcs[CPS_UniqueMPNIDv2], 0)
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @IshPradhan ,
Are both of these calculated measures or calculated columns? The 3rd measure you are creating, is it also a calculated measure or calculated column?
Please share a screenshot of error message.

Also, please try to enclose the measure names within square brackets once

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

both of these are calculated measures, the third one is also a calculated measure and the uses the first two measures

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.