Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not sum line chart Values

Hi All,

I have searched the forum but couldnt see how this was resolved.

I have a line chart where Interest rate is plotted against the year.  I need to show all the interest rate values but the line chart is summing the values for me where there are more than 2  rate change in a year. I don't need any aggregation. I want to show all the values and must do this using a line chart in order to show the peaks and troughs of the rate.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Using a line chart with two values on the same x-axis (year) will not represent the data well even if it could - it would result in a vertical line.  I doubt this is what the end user would want to see.

A better solution is to alter your x-axis granularity; go down to quarters for the plot; that way the rate changes will be on seperate x-values and plot as expected and produce a nice slope in keepin gwith a line chart.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

If you add a column to the "Value" field, but it aggregates, you could right-click on the column field, select "don't summarized".

Please refer to some similar threads below

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/stop-aggregation-on-visualisations/td-p/133537

If it doesn't solve your problem,

Could you show me some screenshots or sample data?

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maggie,

There's no option for don't summarise when using a line chart.  Don't summarise only appears when using a table and as I mentioned in the post, line chart is the only chart that has to be used.

Thanks.

Hi,

Using a line chart with two values on the same x-axis (year) will not represent the data well even if it could - it would result in a vertical line.  I doubt this is what the end user would want to see.

A better solution is to alter your x-axis granularity; go down to quarters for the plot; that way the rate changes will be on seperate x-values and plot as expected and produce a nice slope in keepin gwith a line chart.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, the issue that I have is that the quarter and the year cannot stay on the same  X axis to create a plot.  It's either Quarter or Year. Is htere a way to make them stay together to create a plot?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been able to resolve this by clicking on the arrows on the chart near the focus mode and can now have both quarter and year on the same axis.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.