Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Displaying range of days AND filtered tooltip at the same time

Link to download .pbix file - data included 

Good day!

I am making a matrix that shows the activities of employees with days of the year on the columns. This is how the current version looks:  

Pic 1: insightsdisc_0-1664545350361.png 
(cell values are arbitrary, but could represent their type of activity, days off, weekends, etc.)

Currently, the tooltip shows this when marking a specific cell:

Pic 2: insightsdisc_6-1664546222308.png

I would like it to display only the corresponding information as in the example below:

Pic 3:insightsdisc_4-1664545672029.png

The last example (with the working tooltip) has a different relation between the 'Dates' table and the table with employee data (called 'Tasks'):

Pic 4:insightsdisc_5-1664545875135.png

The relationship is Active, as opposed to the 'copy' tables, where both the relations are Inactive. I understand that making the relationship Active filters from 'Dates' to 'Tasks', which is why the tooltip works. However, making it active also results in the matrix only showing the end date (as the 'End Date' relation is active), and not the range of days between Start and End, as seen in Pic 3.

This is the measure that is put into Values: 

Cell text copy = 
var selectedDate = SELECTEDVALUE('Dates copy'[Date])
var projectsBetweenDates = FILTER('Tasks copy', 'Tasks copy'[Start Date] <= selectedDate && 'Tasks copy'[End Date] >= selectedDate)
var projectState = CALCULATE(MIN('Tasks copy'[Stage]), projectsBetweenDates)
return IF(projectState<>"", projectState, "")

My question is: 

How do I display the range of days and the filtered tooltip at the same time?

Link to download .pbix file - data included 

Thank you so much in advance!

Best regards,

Fred

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

your tooltip is based on the Tasks table.  Your top visual has no relation to the Tasks table. Hence you will see the full table all the time. 

Instead of using a tooltip table you might get away with a measure. You can also consider using Deneb or Charticulator. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer!

From my understanding, adding the 'relation' (as you refer to) is setting the relationship as 'active'. In doing this, the viz only shows either start or end date, and not the whole range, as per the pictures in the post.

Do you know how to achieve both an active relationship and showing the whole range of dates?

Or, do you know how to making a measure to display it?

Best wishes!

It would have to be a SVG that you construct from the list of items you want to appear in the tooltip.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.