Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display version number in report

Hello all,

I would like to display some kind of version number in the right corner of the report to differentiate the different versions of the same report in our deployment pipeline. 
One approach I thought about was to extract the version number of the version history feature from OneDrive. But I couldn't figure out how to extract that.

Does anyone have maybe another approach or idea of how to manage different versions in an halfway automatic way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer this community blog which introduces get version history from SharePoint step by step:

How to get version history from SharePoint  

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer this community blog which introduces get version history from SharePoint step by step:

How to get version history from SharePoint  

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mattww
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I would think the very basic way is to have version number as a parameter in your report, and change that parameter when publishing.

Those parameters can be programatically amended too via the REST API, but the tricky bit is what would trigger that amendment

Datasets - Update Parameters - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

It doesn't look like there is a way of getting the version number metadata out of SharePoint via Flow/Power Automate so presumably it would be the same for OneDrive
Getting the Version number of a SharePoint document with Flow - Microsoft Tech Community

Hope that gives you some ideas, even if it's not a full solution. Interesting idea though, I'd be keen to see if you find a way

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.