Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AV155
Frequent Visitor

Display summary of ALL customers that may have Revenue and/or Budget

I am stuck on this and running in circles.  I want a visualization to show all customers that either have a budget and/or have revenue.  Do I need to create some sort of UNION table?

I have an invoice table with data like this.  Multiple invoices per customers.

InvoiceTable.png

I have a budget table like this.  Budget data is for a customer & month.  Some customers that have invoices do NOT have a budget.  Some customers with a budget do NOT have invoices.

897a645c-1080-45ea-9283-518dc7c2c145.png

I want to have a visualization table that summarizes the data, so for example if I choose February 2023 with my Date Slicers, it would show something like:
DesiredOutput.png

 Feel like this shouldn't be too difficult, but I can't figure it out.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @AV155 ,

For this you need to create a dimension table with the customers (unique values) and make a relationship with both table by the customer ID and a calendar tableC, then using the fields from customer table and the corresponding  invoices and budget you can have the expected result.

MFelix_0-1684917508015.png

MFelix_1-1684917517483.png

See PBIX file attach.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AV155
Frequent Visitor

Hi @MFelix 

Thank you so much!   I got close to figuring this out yesterday, but was missing the relationship piece (in particular linking Budget to Date table).   I REALLY appreciate the help and the included .pbix file!

-AV

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @AV155 ,

For this you need to create a dimension table with the customers (unique values) and make a relationship with both table by the customer ID and a calendar tableC, then using the fields from customer table and the corresponding  invoices and budget you can have the expected result.

MFelix_0-1684917508015.png

MFelix_1-1684917517483.png

See PBIX file attach.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.