Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ozo909
Regular Visitor

Display settings for multi size monitors

Hi, I have a report which is a just a single table (with many columns) that expands the whole page, like an Excel table. This is viewed on Windows desktops in the browser and the desktops have different size monitors.

I'm try to configure it so for wider monitors it will show more table columns, but when I stretch out the browser it zooms the text and doesn't show more columns. I've tried different combinations of Page View settings and Canvas Settings, but nothing works.

I saw there is a Responsive setting but it's greyed out on the Table visual.

Any tip would be most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ozo909
Regular Visitor

I found the solution to this. As per @amitchandak advice, set the canvas width, but also have your Page View set to Actual Size. Drag your table out as wide as the canvas. Then play around with column & values text size, column wrapping and auto-size width, until it's right.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ozo909
Regular Visitor

I found the solution to this. As per @amitchandak advice, set the canvas width, but also have your Page View set to Actual Size. Drag your table out as wide as the canvas. Then play around with column & values text size, column wrapping and auto-size width, until it's right.

ozo909
Regular Visitor

Hi @amitchandak , when I do that it's ok for larger monitors, but on smaller monitors it makes the font size tiny, to fit all the columns in. Is there a setting to lock the font to one size. 

Smaller monitors should have the horitizonal scrollbar to see all columns, and larger monitors shouldn't need to have a horitizonal scrollbar.

I hope that makes sense.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ozo909 , You should be able to choose a custom page size when you click on empty space on page and then then have a wider page

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.