Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NickOnTheNet
Frequent Visitor

Display product groups and products in a tree view and filter a report based on a button click.

Hi all,

I need to develop a report which displays product groups and products in a tree view and then filters a report displaying data on the selected product. (Ideally the tree view would dynamically update to reflect changes in the product table but I can see no way to achieve that at the moment. The ability to use measures with buttons or text boxes would perhaps be a solution for the future but that's not an option at this time.)

I need to produce this report optimised for a large touch screen which is why I default to the idea of buttons as they can be made visually appealing and located as required to manually display the tree view on a couple of report pages.

(My report consumers don't want slicers, drop-downs, drill down etc. just a simple point and click experience.)

I'm only dealing with around 20 product groups and around 200 products so I was thinking of using bookmarks to navigate and display the product group tree and the chicklet slicer to display the products in each group. This is obviously not dynamic for the product groups but may be my best option at the moment.

Could anyone suggest a better way to do this?

I'm only a newbie at the moment so perhaps I have missed something or simply don't grasp an underlying principal.

Thanks for your consideration.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The matrix visual has the option to add a "+/-" box to indicate that levels can be expanded or collapsed. That box can be resized to make it more touch screen friendly. Maybe that's sufficient?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.