Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display percentage of total column value in Stack bar chart

Hi All,

Below is the measure that I am using in the Stack column chart.

Last 6 month Order = CALCULATE ( COUNT( Fact_Table[Order_Id] ), DATESINPERIOD ( 'Date Dimension'[Date], ENDOFMONTH( 'Date Dimension'[Date] ), -6, MONTH)). 

Month Year = CONCATENATE(Upper(Fact_Table[Related Month]),CONCATENATE(" ",right(Fact_Table[Year],2)))

Which are working fine.

In addition to that I need to show % of total order for each section in a bar in the Tooltip.

I am struggling with the DAX calculation for Percentage.

Is it possible to display Percentage value in the Tooltip?

I am not able to add the filter in my DAX correctly for the "Level" to get the percentage of total column value.

Thanks In Advance

• Percentage in Stack Bar chart.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

You may refer to the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Percentages-to-multi-line-report/m-p/378504#M172040

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Have you tried to put your % measure on Tooltip. Of percent measure calculation has problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak

No I am struggling with the DAX. Not getting the correct Filter () with ALL/ALLEXCEPT/ALLSELECTED.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Order PCT% =
CALCULATE(DIVIDE ( [Total Order ID],
CALCULATE ( [Total Order ID],
ALLEXCEPT(Fact_Table,Fact_Table[Level] ),
ALLSELECTED(Fact_Table[Month Year])),
0 ),
DATESINPERIOD('Date Dimension'[Date],ENDOFMONTH('Date Dimension'[Date]),-6,MONTH))
It is giving me Percentage of Grand Total, which I do not want.Percentage Stack Bar chart.png

@Anonymous 

You may refer to the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Percentages-to-multi-line-report/m-p/378504#M172040

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.