Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jupsimar
Advocate I
Advocate I

Display metrics or dashboards to displayed on the TV without login

Hi ,

Can you please suggest if there is any way in which we can display/cast report to TV without needing to impersonate as a user ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
DMiradakis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hey @jupsimar ,

I think you have a few options here, you can:

• Publish to the web. However, this makes your report publicly visible to anyone who finds the link, so not the best idea most of the time.
  • Use the EmbedUrl or iFrame Url for the report and embed it on a web page (requires a login).
  • Embed on a web page using the Power BI Javascript SDK (requires a token).
  • Use an external tool.

I've actually built an external tool to allow users to display Power BI reports on TVs in really convenient ways. It's called Displagent. In my app, what you do is provision a service account with a Power BI license, and then you create an Azure App Registration in your Azure tenant. Then, you take the credentials from the Azure App Registration, along with the username and password of your service account, and enter them into Displagent. After that, you never have to worry about manually doing tokens or logins because Displagent handles all of that for you.

So I guess technically, you still have to have a dedicated user/service account in that case, but when you enter the credentails once, you never have to enter them again. These are the only options that I'm aware of, hope it helps!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jupsimar , if you are a premium capacity customer, you can try the embedded power bi option, you can do a token-based authentication -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7HLyiAk-lQ

if not, you will need log in. You can use embed code for SharePoint or website

amitchandak_0-1682705018303.png

Thanks for the comment , i was looking for an option to run report on site/webportal that are displayed on TV without any uder login .All those option will require a tenant .Is there any option or any case where reports are running on TV without token/login ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.