Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mflore

Display all the hierarchy on a stacked bar chart

Hello, 

I would like to display at the same time all the levels on a stacked bar chart. I don't want to have to use the "show next/previous level" buttons.  

In practice, my problem is: 

I have a graph with number of people per skill level on various competency topic. (axis: competency topic; value: number of name; l egend: skill level)

I would like to show, on the same graph the evolution between 2 years 

So I thought that adding "year" on the axis and have for each competency topic the 2 years one under each other will be great. 

If you have any kind of solution, please share! 

Thanks a lot for your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mflore,

Based on my understanding, you want to display all the levels on a stacked bar chart in order to show the evolution between 2 years, right?

Currently, the only solution to display all the hierarchy on a chart is to use drill down, that is use the "show next/previous level" buttons as you mentioned. You can prefer to select the 'Expand all down one level in the hierarchy' as is highlighted in red in below image, in that case, it will show all levels and you can compare the difference between two years.

1.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mflore,

Based on my understanding, you want to display all the levels on a stacked bar chart in order to show the evolution between 2 years, right?

Currently, the only solution to display all the hierarchy on a chart is to use drill down, that is use the "show next/previous level" buttons as you mentioned. You can prefer to select the 'Expand all down one level in the hierarchy' as is highlighted in red in below image, in that case, it will show all levels and you can compare the difference between two years.

1.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That's perfect, thantks a lot! I had such an old version of PowerBi that i couldn't see this button at first !

Have a good day,

Regards,

Marie-flore

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.