Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chapin4u
Employee
Employee

Display a range of dates

Hi,

Need a tip if to do the following if it is possible.

I have date slicer and in card visual I need to display the selected range of dates in the slicer.

Thanks in advance for any help received to my requirement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Chapin4u

Create a Measure using either one of the Measures below they should give you some ideas how to tailor to your setup!

The second Measure allows you to use a custom Year-Mo column which is not formatted as Date.

You can modify these many other ways Smiley Happy

In fact you can also use in conjunction with the FORMAT function!

Look at the Picture below to see the results...

Which way you decide to go will depend on how you aggregate your data.

Do you need to see the specific Dates or is Months only okay

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Report FIRST/LASTDATE = FIRSTDATE('Calendar'[Date]) &" - "& LASTDATE('Calendar'[Date])
Report FIRSTNON/LASTNON 2 = IF ( FIRSTNONBLANK ( 'Calendar'[Year-Mo], 1 ) = LASTNONBLANK ( 'Calendar'[Year-Mo], 1 ), FIRSTNONBLANK ( 'Calendar'[Year-Mo], 1 ), FIRSTNONBLANK ( 'Calendar'[Year-Mo], 1 ) & " ~ " & LASTNONBLANK ( 'Calendar'[Year-Mo], 1 ) )

Report Period FORMAT = FORMAT(FIRSTDATE('Calendar'[Date]), "MMM yyyy") & " - " & FORMAT(LASTDATE('Calendar'[Date]), "MMM yyyy")

Report Filtered Dates Demo.gif

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Chapin4u

Create a Measure using either one of the Measures below they should give you some ideas how to tailor to your setup!

The second Measure allows you to use a custom Year-Mo column which is not formatted as Date.

You can modify these many other ways Smiley Happy

In fact you can also use in conjunction with the FORMAT function!

Look at the Picture below to see the results...

Which way you decide to go will depend on how you aggregate your data.

Do you need to see the specific Dates or is Months only okay

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Report FIRST/LASTDATE = FIRSTDATE('Calendar'[Date]) &" - "& LASTDATE('Calendar'[Date])
Report FIRSTNON/LASTNON 2 = IF ( FIRSTNONBLANK ( 'Calendar'[Year-Mo], 1 ) = LASTNONBLANK ( 'Calendar'[Year-Mo], 1 ), FIRSTNONBLANK ( 'Calendar'[Year-Mo], 1 ), FIRSTNONBLANK ( 'Calendar'[Year-Mo], 1 ) & " ~ " & LASTNONBLANK ( 'Calendar'[Year-Mo], 1 ) )

Report Period FORMAT = FORMAT(FIRSTDATE('Calendar'[Date]), "MMM yyyy") & " - " & FORMAT(LASTDATE('Calendar'[Date]), "MMM yyyy")

Report Filtered Dates Demo.gif

Boni
Frequent Visitor

Hi Guys ,
is it possible to show the actual slicer settings  from an text slicer in an seperat Cart / Box . 
Example: I chose the campaign "Campaings nr145" on my extra filter page. 
Now i am searching for an Box where i can see the actuell settings of the campaign slicer with out showing the slicer bos again.  
Thanks for help 

@Sean 

Is it possible to only show the date once when the range is the same date?007Dawg_0-1629999752732.png

I tried using an if statement with your solution above then FIRSTDATE(date) as the other option but I keep getting #,0.00 when only one date is selected.

Many thanks for a great explanation and the examples.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.