Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display Percentage on Y Axis and Year/Month?

I'm working on a line chart that has Date on the X-Axis and I want Basic Margin Percentage on the Y-Axis (to be displayed as a percentage). I formatted as a percentage in my Query model (I did the calculated column of Basic Margin/Revenue). I can't get it to format correctly on the Y axis as showing as a percentage. It looks like it wants to aggregate. On values, it says "Sum" for the percentage and there is no ability to not aggregate. I am new to PowerBI. Thanks for your help. 

Also, I had Month/Year in one of my columns and when I formatted as date it added day (Month/Day/Year as 1/1/2014). Is it possible to show date as just Month/Year? 

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi  @Anonymous,

you please try with Calculated Measure (not calculated column):

% Basic Margin Percentage = divive(sum(Basic Margin),sum(Revenue)) 

In case there is no Basic Margin column, you could add one more Calculated column to compute.

For second question, you could not show date as Month/Year, but you could show X-Axis as Month/Year by remove Day in Month Year hieararchy. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi  @Anonymous,

you please try with Calculated Measure (not calculated column):

% Basic Margin Percentage = divive(sum(Basic Margin),sum(Revenue)) 

In case there is no Basic Margin column, you could add one more Calculated column to compute.

For second question, you could not show date as Month/Year, but you could show X-Axis as Month/Year by remove Day in Month Year hieararchy. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.