Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

flomi
Frequent Visitor

Display Message if Data Suppression is Applied

Hi All,

I am attempting to create a page that displays trended leaver rates based on employee gender. This page will include slicers for the ability to slice by business unit and job and we wish to protect employee data against small sample sizes. In order to protect employee confidentiality, we do not wish to display data for months in which the total leaver count was less than 5. To help our end users, we would like to display a message if any month had a leaver count below the threshold of 5. The visual with suppression applied has the visual level filter below applied set to 1.

Show Hide Leaver = IF([Leaver Count Measure]<5,0,1) 

The message I was trying to display has the following logic. This message is only displayed if the total count across all months is below 5, which is not what we want.

Leaver Message = IF([Leaver Count Measure]=0,"",IF([Leaver Count Measure]<5,"Suppression is being applied"))

Below is a sample image of what the trended data would look like without and with suppression applied.

Leaver Suppression Photo.PNG

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Theriaux ,

I created a sample pbix file(see attachment) for you, please check whether that is what you want. 

yingyinr_0-1665646439163.png

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I've attached a PBIX file with sample data. In this example, since the leaver count for the months of March and June is below the threshold of 5, I want the message to display to act as an indicator of suppression being applied for our end users.

Data Suppression Test

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.