Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Steels_Cat
Frequent Visitor

Discrepancy between Azure SQL and Power BI with import query

HI all,

I have very strange case I have built report on which I`m using Import Query but somehow one of the column from the table contains NULL values only in Power BI, when i double check it directly in Azure SQL database this column in the same table has values. I loaded this table without any filters, just clear Import connection. I switched to Direct Query but I got the same result, in SQL I have values in Power Bi, I got only NULL. Any thoughts on this strange case ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Steels_Cat
Frequent Visitor

Yes. we have found the issue. I reloaded the whole data in the new power bi file. Strange but it works. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Steels_Cat
Frequent Visitor

Yes. we have found the issue. I reloaded the whole data in the new power bi file. Strange but it works. 

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Steels_Cat ,

Have you solved your issue now? If so, please mark your answer as a solution. If not, please provide more details with the issue now.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Steels_Cat
Frequent Visitor

To load the table, only I`m using Azure SQL database as a connector, than I load the database and in navigation I select the table which i want to load. I tried diffrent approch. I used again Azure SQL database as a connector than use native query - Select * from table_name(nothing else).

Steels_Cat
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I`m using same credentials and I`m talking for Power Bi Desktop, but even when the report is published in the Power BI Services i get NULL. The rest of columns are fine they have the same result as a Azure SQL. Today i will check for column level security and what data type is using this column.

Might also be checking what query power bi is sending. If you right click in the last step in power query you should be able to view native query (assuming you haven't done something to break folding). It might shed some light on what's happening.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

A few thoughts and questions...

1) Are you authenticating with the same credentials in Power BI desktop, power bi service and azure sql. (Wondering if some column level security is kicking in).

2) When you say Power BI is it the same in Power BI desktop and when published to service?

3) Are other columns in the table populated?

Ben

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.