Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Disable drillthrough for few visuals

Is there a way to disable the drillthrough functionality for a visual on a report which contains the drillthrough column?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-yuezhe-msft

I used a workaround. I created a duplicate column and used that in the visual.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
daniel_baciu
Helper I
Helper I
bmk
Helper II
Helper II

Is this approach still the only solution since 2018? If yes, this is quite inefficient. There should be a simple straightforward option to disable drill throughs for specific visuals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, I had the same issue, after I added some tooltips I had the option to Drillthrough - i did not need that so i followed the suggestions here - i changed the name for one of the columns i used in the tooltip. The one specific though whas that i changed the name only for the specific visual - i have no idea if this is a new feature or not but this was a life saver. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have same issue. Duplicating the column is not working as well as its filtered already. So, I duplicated the table and kept is without a connection to make it work.  For now, this is working for me.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@vanessa,

I haven't found any methods that can be used to disable drillthrough functionality for visuals unless you remove the drillthrough column from the visuals.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

I used a workaround. I created a duplicate column and used that in the visual.

Great reply and it was so powerful, thanks for the advice!

Could you please explain this more detailed ?

@josipinho 

I have a bar graph which is showing the year wise sales. I have enabled drill through on the Year column (i.e. Year column is added to the drillthrough filters field), hence by default this graph will have an option to drill-through.

In order to disable this, I duplicated the Year column (this can be done in the Edit Queries window) in the same table as Year and renamed it to Year_Copy and replaced Year column in the bar graph with this new column.

Since Year column is used in the drillthrough filters field and the bar graph has Year_Copy, the drill-through is disabled.

Hope this was helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have tried with this method of you, when i came in drill through option , fact table content is filterd by the the month and how it is possible to discard that fileter in the context when having same field duplicated , in my case that is not working.

I am trying to do the similar thing. Its not working for me as the table is already filtered by the Year Column. How to avoid this.

Yep I figured it out yesterday after seeing your post 🙂 Thanks for the explanation 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.