Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disable Drill down/expand option in matrix visual

HI,

I am working on a Matrix visual and have fields like EmpID, Name, TeamLead, Manager, Senior Manager in rows and in columns i want values as week numbers. I want these fields in separate columns rather using in hierarchy(In short, I want rows like i get in Table visual).

Please suggest how to do this.

Note: I have already browse on internet and tested the solution which says disable it from Format>Visual Header>Drill Up Icon and Show Next level Icon. This solution is not working for me.

Thanks,
Gaurav Jangra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sreenub
Resolver II
Resolver II

of the following 2 options in the row header

Format ->Row Headers->Sprpped Design (Off) and +/- Icon (Off)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As sreenub's suggeation, there are more details to add. You may selec on this Matrix visual, go to Format section ->Row headers, turn off the option "Stepped layout ".

203.jpg

For reference:

7 Secrets of the Matrix Visual

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

sreenub
Resolver II
Resolver II

of the following 2 options in the row header

Format ->Row Headers->Sprpped Design (Off) and +/- Icon (Off)

Anonymous
Not applicable

using Power BI 2.104.941.0, looking for "Sprpped Design" referenced above. Does this mean "stepped layout?" I disabled it and the +/- icon. The "expand" button is gone, but the rows are not showing.

Same - I do not want to show the drill down nor the icons but I would like to see more than one column on the grid.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.