Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

DirectQuery and Mariadb issue: "Power BI Prem backend servers failed"

Good morning

Could you help me with the following problem:

I have published a powerBi report using DirectQuery and mariadb that is updated every 1 minute. The publication had been running smoothly for several days, but today the report stopped showing the data and shows errors that indicate that the visuals cannot be loaded. Additionally, the following text appears at the top: "PowerBi Premium backend servers failed. Please refer to the error details for additional information."

Captura2.PNG

On the other hand, when I enter configuration -> Dataset, I no longer see the tabs to select the gateway and data source credentials and I get the following message: You cannot schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources do not support refresh: Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Resource.Access.

Captura1.PNG

As additional information, update the on-premises data gateway to rule out that this is the problem. In addition, other reports that are loaded via import and MySQL as a data source have not experienced any problems.
Best regards.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, the bug has already been fixed, apparently it was a widespread problem of microsoft after an update.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, the bug has already been fixed, apparently it was a widespread problem of microsoft after an update.

Thank you.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello

Thanks for the answer, check the link and the data source hasn't changed, so the problem doesn't go there.

Just to test, create a new file with a MariaDB data source without making any changes and using simple functions and the problem persists.

Checking the forum in English apparently I am not the only one to whom I pass that problem in recent days:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Query-contains-unsupported-function-Function-name-Resource/...

Best regards.

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

From your description, this data source seems to be updated frequently? If so, please check if some changes have occurred to the data source that are not supported by PowerBI and try reconfiguring the gateway and credentials for it.

For more details, please refer to:

Troubleshooting unsupported data source for refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn 

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.