Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

pieterf
Frequent Visitor

DirectQuery - Changed connection results in Amibiguous Paths

I'm developing a PBI in which 3 AAS-models are combined on a DirectQuery modus.

Today I've downloaded Power BI Desktop's last version (june 2021). In this version, I have a problem when I change the connection (from by example develop-source to production-source). The message I receive is "Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'There are ambiguous paths between... <fact-table> and <dimension-table>".

It seems that, by changing the connection, a new AAS-model is loaded. Actually, I expect here only a changed connection of the existing AAS-model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pieterf
Frequent Visitor

I've fixed it; just by creating a new PBIX and connect again on DQ-modus to the AAS-models. The old PBIX was initially created on the february 2021 update.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pieterf
Frequent Visitor

I've fixed it; just by creating a new PBIX and connect again on DQ-modus to the AAS-models. The old PBIX was initially created on the february 2021 update.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @pieterf ;

I'm sorry that I haven't encountered this kind of error, and I don't understand what you mean very much. Can you share screenshots of the error and more details?

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors