Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lshivakumar
Employee
Employee

Direct Query mode of connection

According to the Power BI Desktop Architecture in direct query mode the AS engine directly fetches the data from the data source and there is no Mashup container involved here. But when I loaded the data using direct query mode and then check task manager I see mash up container. Why? Can someone throw light on how mashup container is used in direct query mode. 

Lshivakumar_1-1657015059601.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Lshivakumar , I think, it is because of query cache by the direct query for optimization.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Lshivakumar , I think, it is because of query cache by the direct query for optimization.

Thank you Anit. I created a measure for the same data (direct query mode) and published it to power BI service. But still in task manger I dont see msmdsrv , my doubt is,  there should be an AS engine involved here. But why is it not ( if you see in the screen shot, only mashup container is there)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.