Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

abbababa1
Frequent Visitor

Direct Query from other PowerBI source - can't append to a static table

I am trying to reuse a table from another PowerBI source (connected through GetData to PowerBI source). 

Append to my local PowerBI desktop seems not possible, the query editor does not see the direct query, I also tried to convert this source from direct query to import, but the box is greyed out. What are my options? I have run out of ideas (union statements dont work as there are different numbers of columns, etc. )  

2 REPLIES 2
abbababa1
Frequent Visitor

Thanks NV for confirming! Now - the second part of the question - is there any way I could use that data/merge/append it to an existing table in my current solution ? Any workaround? otherwise it is useless to do such imports.  

nvprasad
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi abbababa1,

I am assuming you have connected to PowerBI dataset which was already published in PowerBI Service. If that is the case it only allows live connection. You can not convert this into import mode.

please refer to the below link for connection types.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-about

Appreciate a Kudos! ‌‌
If this helps and resolves the issue, please mark it as a Solution! ‌‌

Regards,
N V Durga Prasad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors