Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

naelske_cronos
Helper III
Helper III

Direct Query - Paginated Report Visual in Power BI

Hello,

I have implemented a Paginated Report visual in my Power BI report and this is a combination of Direct Query and Import.

The sum of forecast comes from a Direct Query table and is live data as soon as someone enters data. When I click on 'refresh visuals' the data in the table visual (on the right shide) is updated automatically but the Paginated Report visual on the left side is not updated? Only by refreshing my browser it is updated.

The paginated report that is created refers to the same dataset as the report itself with an 'EVALUATE ...'.

Is that normal behaviour or is there a way to also update the Paginated Report visual with 'refresh visuals' or another way? 

naelske_cronos_0-1718177461341.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @naelske_cronos 

Maybe you can try the following:

Use the AutoreRresh feature of Paginated Reports, which needs to be turned on in Power BI Report Builder.

vxuxinyimsft_0-1718252692279.png

I found some relevant documents, I hope them can help you.

Power BI Paginated Reports June 2019 Feature Update Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Po...

paginated report - automated refresh using cached ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Data retrieval guidance for paginated reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @naelske_cronos 

Maybe you can try the following:

Use the AutoreRresh feature of Paginated Reports, which needs to be turned on in Power BI Report Builder.

vxuxinyimsft_0-1718252692279.png

I found some relevant documents, I hope them can help you.

Power BI Paginated Reports June 2019 Feature Update Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Po...

paginated report - automated refresh using cached ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Data retrieval guidance for paginated reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.