Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LuciaZel
Frequent Visitor

Different format type of currency in one column

Hi everyone, 

I have a salary table (column "prov") of two countries (Slovakia = "SK", Czechia = "CZ"): 

LuciaZel_0-1678721700269.png

I want to show both regions in one bar chart with different format currency:

If Entita.nazov = SK, then I want to show currency € (EUR), otherwise I want to show curriency Kč (CZK) = Entita.nazov (CZ).

LuciaZel_1-1678721838572.png

Is there any possibility to do that? So if I filter in "Entita.nazov" = SK I will see the sum of prov in format currency €, and if I choose "Entita.nazov" = CZ I will see the sum of prov in format currency Kč?

LuciaZel_2-1678722005761.png

Thanks for all answers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuciaZel
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

thank you for the answer. It works, but as you say it works only in table because of the type format "text". I found a video on youtube, how to fix it with calculation group in Tabular Editor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-REAQDqdz0A

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuciaZel
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

thank you for the answer. It works, but as you say it works only in table because of the type format "text". I found a video on youtube, how to fix it with calculation group in Tabular Editor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-REAQDqdz0A

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LuciaZel 

You can use format() function, but it will return the value as the text type, so it cannot be put to clustered column.

You can put it to the table visual.

You can refer to the following measure.

Measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[country])="SK",FORMAT(SUM('Table'[prov]),"€#,##0"),IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[country])="CZ",FORMAT(SUM('Table'[prov]),"Kč#,##0")))

Output

vxinruzhumsft_0-1678859109146.png

vxinruzhumsft_1-1678859119373.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.