Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Different Regional settings in Desktop and App

Hello all

I published a report with a matrix. In Power BI Desktop its fine, the thousand seperator is (').

In Power BI App, in the browser, it shows a point (.) as thousand seperator.

The windows settings and the report settings in Power BI Desktop are set to Switzerland, so it shouldnt be this.

Are there any other options i could check out?

Power BI Desktop:

1.PNG

Published Power BI App online:

2.PNG 

Thx for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

Update your desktop version first. Then you may try to check the Option->Settings->Language in App and language setting of your browser. If it is not your case, you may submit a support ticket.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

Update your desktop version first. Then you may try to check the Option->Settings->Language in App and language setting of your browser. If it is not your case, you may submit a support ticket.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-cherch-msft

I should have checked the result with IE... The setting in Chrome was set to Deutsch Germany not Switzerland. Changing that helped me.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.