Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jordi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Difference in gauges in Desktop and webapp?

Last week I created in PBI Desktop a testreport using de default gauge visuals, everything looked fine, but when i published it to the webapp, all the gauges where suddenly completely filled, while they weren't in Desktop.

Today I checked an existing report build with a custom gauge visual, because it was showing wrong data in the webapp, and suddenly I have the same issue: 

In desktop the report looks fine (other then different display units) and again in the webapp the report shows completely different values.

Both reports use merely the same data, maybe that's where the problem/difference is?

Custom visualCustom visualDefault gaugeDefault gauge

I tried in both cases to delete the report & data from web, and republised the report, but the same result.

Anyone an idea?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Mike,

Yes it is the same data. Confirmed by the fact that it still occurs when I delete the data&report in webapp en republish it all again.

View solution in original post

Strange things....

There was a update for BI Desktop, installed it, and.... now the problem was consistent: The desktop app and web app showed the same (wrong) full gauges. Smiley Frustrated

But the I found the solution:

In the pictures can be seen that I used 2 times the same value for "max value" and "target value", apperantly something changed so this caused the described behaviour. (In my case, max value and target value are the same)

I deleted the value for "max value" and voila, everything is ok now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bpeters
Advocate I
Advocate I

Having similar issues with DialGauge, again when updated to latest version desktop is also an issue. But was previously working in prior version, (which I have checked as I had not updated on a vm that I use for publishing from).

Tried deleting fields with mixed success, tried creating from scratch with mixed success, but the issue returns.

peterkaad

I have the same issue. A bug seems to have been introduced the day before yesterday. Everything was fine wednesday. Thursday the webapp started showing wrong data while desktop and mobile app was fine. This morning (friday) the mobile app also started showing wrong data. 

This behaviour is kinda weird: http://screencast.com/t/lRDikCH4XOX 

mikes2nd
Helper I
Helper I

I think your not on the same data. 

In report services it is using a different data source than your desktop.

Hi Mike,

Yes it is the same data. Confirmed by the fact that it still occurs when I delete the data&report in webapp en republish it all again.

Strange things....

There was a update for BI Desktop, installed it, and.... now the problem was consistent: The desktop app and web app showed the same (wrong) full gauges. Smiley Frustrated

But the I found the solution:

In the pictures can be seen that I used 2 times the same value for "max value" and "target value", apperantly something changed so this caused the described behaviour. (In my case, max value and target value are the same)

I deleted the value for "max value" and voila, everything is ok now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.