I am trying to connect to MS SQL Server. Getting this error:
Details: "Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed."
Googled. No luck.
I have a simular problem. I used to be able to connect to Tera data from power BI. On my old laptop everything worked. After reinstalling Tera Data, Power BI, The .net provider en LDAP on my new laptop I am unable to connect to Tera data. I have installed the latest version of the .netprovider but am unable to connect. (Have reinstalled several times) Error states: One or more parts have to be installed before this connector can be used.
My machine config looks like this in the framework 64 v2.0.50727
Where are you trying to connect from? The Power BI desktop app? Do you mind sharing the exact steps you're taking?
I found a solution: in my case the machine config has a duplicated entry "DbProviderFactories". As soon as I deleted one of them and restarted PowerBi, it started to work.
I am having the same problem (error message partly in german, but it reads the same), unfortunately the adivce regarding DbProviderFactories did not work.
I found references of machine.config in the following four places
I am new at this but #2 and #4 seem to be odd, going in the direction as to say "duplicate <DbProviderFactories> entry" as Romoreira suggests.
This what it looked like.
This is what i now looks like, uncommented that thing.
I restarted the PC, refreshed my pbix file, dragged some field on the report and still get the same error message.
I do have to day: I am using DirectQuery on the Oracle Database, the previews in PowerQuery load fine, its only when i drag and drop fields onto the report that I get this error. When I change from DirectQuery mode to Import mode, I do not get this error.
I also read somewhere that maybe installing "ODAC" (oracle data access components) from Oracle, but I am hesitant to do so since this is a work PC.
So does this directly relate to DirectQuery? Connecting to the Database in Power BI using ImportMode works fine.
Here's the source:
This is what solved it for us:
In the case with direct query towards an Oracle database this is what solved above error message for us:
Seems as Oracle 12.2 for some reason doesn't work with direct query.
...and if you run into the issue from Power BI desktop - installing above mentioned version of Oracle on the computer/server running PBI Desktop fixes the issue.
Check out the November 2023 Power BI update to learn about new features.
Read the latest Fabric Community announcements, including updates on Power BI, Synapse, Data Factory and Data Activator.
Join us for a free, hands-on Microsoft workshop led by women trainers for women where you will learn how to build a Dashboard in a Day!
130+ sessions, 130+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI and Fabric. Attend online or watch the recordings.