Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nickhukriede
Frequent Visitor

Desktop Refresh of Excel Workbook Does not get new data

I am attempting to refresh my report on PBI desktop. The data source is an excel workbook and the main source has not been changed. Upon refresh, the updated data does not get refreshed into Power BI even though it has been changed in the workbook. Thoughts on this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @nickhukriede ,

if the refresh is going without errors, then check if there's any filters that is preventing the new data to show.

also check if the data is coming to power query and if there's any steps that is preventing the data to show.

also check in the data view if the data is retrieved, if not then check in power query.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

The updated data is not coming at all, no filters on, no steps preventing... If I upload the same file again, the new data is there, but upon a refresh of the original file, the new data does not get populated.

@nickhukriede , its wierd, it should get populated or give an error or there should be something that is preventing.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

No errors, just no new data... Same exact source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.