Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PaulMGNT
Frequent Visitor

Delete all data and connection from PBI desktop model

Hi,

I would like to know the proper way to delete all data and connection to a power BI desktop file.

I deleted all the tables and PBI tell me that I have no data source connected to the file, fine. But when I want to make a direct connection to an online PBI model, I have an error message saying that my file contains data from an other source so I cannot do the connection the right way.

Do you have any idea why and how I can properly delete all data source / data of my file ?

Many thanks,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PaulMGNT , Are you trying a Live connection? Better try in a new file. Or open power query(Transform Data under home Tab) and make sure there is no table of error table left

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PaulMGNT , Are you trying a Live connection? Better try in a new file. Or open power query(Transform Data under home Tab) and make sure there is no table of error table left

Hi @amitchandak , thanks a lot. Indeed I had two parameters left in power query....

Paul

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.