Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tsanka
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Define aggregation behaviour of columns

Spoiled by the features in Excel PowerPivot, I am looking how to define aggregation behavior of the columns ("Summarized By" in PowerPivot).

Is this possible in PBI desktop?

To achieve this I am forced to create measures for all columns for which the aggregation is to be different from sum.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Tsanka,

There is limited ability to do some aggregations.

After you start a report part, you can click on the down arrow under the "Values" section on one of the columns you are using and you have options. Not a specific Summarize by column..., but it is most likely where they would include the feature.

Capture.JPG

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hey Tsanka,

There is limited ability to do some aggregations.

After you start a report part, you can click on the down arrow under the "Values" section on one of the columns you are using and you have options. Not a specific Summarize by column..., but it is most likely where they would include the feature.

Capture.JPG

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks so much, Eno1978.

This is exactly what I was looking for (however I search for it in the query editor not in the report parts). Thanks once again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.