Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBNikr
Helper I
Helper I

Default targeting values selected based on user table

Hello!

I'm working on a report where slicers must have default selected values based on a user table. Previously, I've only worked with role/security-based defaults and not on a specific table. Persistent filters would have been a good solution, but I think this is only available for the Power BI service and we're using the Power BI report server.

For example: User A can see options 1, 2, and 3 in slicer, but has option 2 as the default based on the table. Option 2 is preselected when you open the report.

Is there an easy way to make this connection in SSAS and deploy it to Power BI? I'm using a tabular model with direct query mode and Report Server on prem.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBNikr ,

Not certain but maybe you can refer this issue that hopes to help you: Setting the Default Value of a Slicer 

Also, you could vote the similar idea which has been submitted in Power BI ideas forum.

Here are two workarounds which may help you.

1. How to Set a Default Slicer Value
  2. Setting default slicer

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.