Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lindino08
Frequent Visitor

Dax formula filtering on multiple tables not working correctly.

I am creating a new column to calculate the weighted average price for our products based on multiple filters.

I am getting what looks like a proper output when using this DAX formula. 

2022 Price List Weighted average Dealer Price Column 2 = CALCULATE(DIVIDE(SUMX('quotedetail',[Dealer Price Per Unit]*[Quantity]),SUMX('quotedetail',[Quantity])),
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('quote'), quote[Price List] = "2022 Price List"),
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('quote'), quote[statuscodename] <> "Revised"))

Lindino08_0-1675458556269.png

But as soon as I add in one more filter from my Quotedetails table the amounts are all the same.

2022 Price List Weighted average Dealer Price Column 2 = CALCULATE(DIVIDE(SUMX('quotedetail',[Dealer Price Per Unit]*[Quantity]),SUMX('quotedetail',[Quantity])),
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('quote'), quote[Price List] = "2022 Price List"),
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('quote'), quote[statuscodename] <> "Revised"),
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('quotedetail'), quotedetail[Option Upcharge?] = "No"))
Lindino08_1-1675458556235.png

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Lindino08
Frequent Visitor

I was able to resolve this by switching my relationship between table "QuoteDetail", and table "Products" to a many to many, from a many to one. Not sure why the many to one didn't work because I had direction set to both.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lindino08
Frequent Visitor

I was able to resolve this by switching my relationship between table "QuoteDetail", and table "Products" to a many to many, from a many to one. Not sure why the many to one didn't work because I had direction set to both.

marcelsmaglhaes
Super User
Super User

Hey @Lindino08 

The same value for all rows is because you are creating a column in quotetable and you put a filter in quote detail. There is relationship between this tables? If yes, wich type (1 to * or * to *)? Wich is the direction of the relationship (single or both). All these points can reproduce the same result for all rows. 

Please share more information about your data model. 

Best regards,
Marcel

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães
Microsoft Power BI Official Partner
MCT | Certified PL-300 Power BI

If I've helped, don't forget to give Kudos and mark my post as a solution!
Imagem de fundo

Hi Marcel,

I am actually creating the new column in a table called "Products" and then filtering based on data from the "quote" table and "QuoteDetails" table. There is a one to many realationship between "Quote" and "QuoteDetail" and then a many to one relationship between "QuoteDetail" and "Products". Direction is set to both for all relationships.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.