Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

san17680
Helper II
Helper II

DatesQTD not working

hi 

I am new to power BI.

I am just tyring to to do a running totals on quarters for different years. I am using QTD formula. 

QTD sales = CALCULATE('SAMPLE SUPERSTORE SALES DB'[total_sales],DATESQTD(Dates_[Date]))

The output somehow is not reflecting Running totals by quarters. 

Please review.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

11 REPLIES 11
Mahesh0016
Super User
Super User

Hii @san17680 Please share your ENDOUTPUT in table instead of graph for better understanding.THANK YOU!!

not sure what you mean by endoutput? you mean excel table?

output is going to be same as we discussed, its just that i am not able to translate the data into desired graph.

Thanks

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Hi

Thanks for your response, I had almost given up on expecting a response, cuz this is my first query on this forum.

I have attached my file here. THis is google drive link, hope you can access it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11qLQlRl92JdYzxZrLlNWByMLN6xJW5Co/view?usp=drive_link

let me rephrase my query. I would like to have separate lines for each quarter year. it works fine for the years YEARLY RUNNIN SALES tab in the attached file. 

I attempted to do the same in QTD SALES GRAPH NOT WORKING tab but to no avail. In short I would like to replicate the YEARLY RUNNIN SALES tab except I need quarters here (as separate lines) not years

Thank you for your time.

@san17680 I hope this helps you!THANK YOU!!
Use this measure in Y - axis
Total QTD Sales =
TOTALQTD([total_sales],'Calendar'[Date].[Date])

Mahesh0016_0-1686382120973.png

and calendar date table Mark as Date table >> right click on table >> select calendar date >>set as date >> see below screen shot

Mahesh0016_1-1686382260810.png

Thank you Mahesh for looking into this, however this is not what I am after. I am trying to replicate the graph as shown in the image. I need running quarterly sales  for each line. each line denotes a different quarter. eg (one line for current quarter, one for previous quarter current year, another for current quarter last year.  I was able to create this chart by years but stuck with quarterly approach. Thank you. quarterly_sales.PNG

@san17680 i think you should remove legend for In short I would like to replicate the YEARLY RUNNIN SALES tab except I need quarters here (as separate lines) not years.

@san17680  See below Screen Shot it is give correct answer.

Mahesh0016_0-1686391524642.png

How Do i show these quarters as separate lines in the graph as shown in the image I shared in the previous post? this is where I am struggling.

Thanks 

@san17680 

Mahesh0016_1-1686398039999.png

this does the trick. thank you so much Mahesh. I have marked this as solution. Just one last thing is there a way to fit ths graph so that I dont have to scroll all the way to right.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.