Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBINoob12
Helper I
Helper I

Dates wont change to EU format

Hi 

I'm having trouble converting dates from NA to EU format. The dates are pulled in from an SQL table in NA format mm/dd/yyyy but when I change the data from text to date (expecting it to change to dd/mm/yyyy it gives me an error: 

PowerBINoob12_1-1673959604303.png

I would have thought that having my regional settings set to Europe that it would change them to european dates?

PowerBINoob12_0-1673959519402.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

For some reason the English (Ireland) locate cant handle the convertation. Try swapping to English (Swedish), that one should work. 

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

For some reason the English (Ireland) locate cant handle the convertation. Try swapping to English (Swedish), that one should work. 

Connect on LinkedIn

Thanks for this - that worked a treat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

it seems based on a few tests PBI is only able to handle dates in the local format specified in the file's settings.

That being said, I think the answer you're looking for here is that you either need to manipulate dates so that you can get them in EU format before they get imported in PBI or you need to extract month, day and year and then rebuild your dates by using those fields.

Also, you could find something useful here: Solved: Convert Date format: from Text American format to ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.