Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

Dates and Hierarchies - drill down not behaving as expected

Ive create a date dimension and built a hierarchy but its really frustrating that when you drill down into for example quarters, it sorts it according to the sequence not taking the year into consideration - so if i have have a range of sept 2016 to jan 2017 when i start drilling down into the hierarchy it sorts it in a strange way - is there some setting I need to enable?  Or is this how its works?   Seems faulty to me.

In the diagram below q1 is jan 2017  while q3 is 2016

Capture.PNG

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@vanessafvg

That's the default behavior. To view a specific drill down, you can turn on the drill mode on.

Capture.PNG

By the way, it is always welcome to share any skill and tips. 🙂

Hi yes i know about that, what doesn't make sense to me though is that the default behaviour groups all of the years quarters data together?  Is that what you are saying?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

if anyone is interested i just created a sort column for it to resolve this, not sure if there is any other way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.