Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Date slicer (slider) defaults to today

I have a date slicer slider that when I open the report I want to be set for todays date. I also need to be able to change back the date slicer to the full range of dates using the slider. 

If i set it manually then it won't adjust to the current date tomorrow. If i set it as a filter then slider only shows the current date.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @akhaliq7 ,
Create a measure and put that as a filter.
Step 1: Creating a measure

Measure = if(max(tablename[date] <=today(),1,0)
Step 2: Click on your visual(slicer with the slider date), put a visual level filter where measure = 1

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Regards,
TruptiS

View solution in original post

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akhaliq7,

The current power bi slicer does not support the default value.

I’d d like to suggest you add a calculated column to your table to compare the current date value with today function and return tag, then you can set a filter based on this column to filter today values.(the formula will auto-update when the system date changes)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akhaliq7,

The current power bi slicer does not support the default value.

I’d d like to suggest you add a calculated column to your table to compare the current date value with today function and return tag, then you can set a filter based on this column to filter today values.(the formula will auto-update when the system date changes)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @akhaliq7 ,
Create a measure and put that as a filter.
Step 1: Creating a measure

Measure = if(max(tablename[date] <=today(),1,0)
Step 2: Click on your visual(slicer with the slider date), put a visual level filter where measure = 1

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Regards,
TruptiS

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.