Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lucian
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Date slicer (before) - set last date to TODAY without limiting user to future dates selection

Hello,

I need the following behaviour in some of my reports: There are 2 date slicers that filter same date table:

1. "Year" - dropdown that should be the "current year", but let the user select previous/future years

2. "Till date" - date slicer set as "before" and the "max date" should be TODAY, but also letting the user select previous/future dates.

Desired behavior:

Desired Outcome.jpg

Unfortunately, scouting this forum I have found some articles that useses two options: either relative date filter, or create a special column on the date table and used to "filter this visual" but neither approach does not let me achieve the "desired behavior"

First try was using relative date. This would help me "preselect" the today's date except this did not affect the matrix visual, that was displaying the columns for the entire year as in the following picture:

Current behavior:

Current Behavior.jpg

To achieve the "desired behavior" (first picture) the user should take suplementary action by selecting the date field (in the date slicer) and select the "displayed" (today) date again to show only the columns from the beginning of the year till the current month only.

But, when it does that, the date slicer will "remember" the selected date and on the next day will not display the today's date, so the user will have "act" again to select the correct date.

Also, because there are "future values" that user will optionally need to verify the relative filter will not allow to select dates past today.

So, is there any solution that will display the report by default with the matrix filtered from the beginning of the year till today, but alowing the selections of previous/next year dates without the need to instruct users to clic on too many buttons?

I saw there is an idea (Date Slicer Defaults start end length between range) posted five years ago that still need votes, but maybe there is hope to do it somehow sooner? 🤞😁

Kind Regards,

Lucian 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.