Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Data table not match excelltable

Hello,

I would like to ask why my data table differs from excel table? My report import excel file.

Here is in data view in Power BI.

Analitika_0-1629448318119.png

Here is in excel:

Analitika_1-1629448366621.png

9 REPLIES 9
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Analitika 

Have you double checked to make sure that the excel data is in a table format? or all the rows are in a table format?

You can try the following:

Remove all formatting in the excel file by selecting all the rows and then Clear > Clear Formats under the Editing tab. The Power BI report now brings in all the rows.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

strange indeed... something you can try is select the range of data in Excel and transform it into a table (ctrl + t)

When you then point the source to the file, it will detect the table which you can then import. All the data should be imported

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I can't share report it contains confidenial data. I checked advanced editor in there is ok.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Yes I have checked. I already made refresh all and also excel is used same. So I don't get where is a problem?

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try refreshing once and also in Power Query check for the applied steps in case any of the step is limiting the data.

Also, make sure that the source is pointing to the same excel having the three records

Also when press transform data, then I see that it match as in excel file.

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Alright! That means the data is coming.

It's just getting filtered at some step.

Would it be possible to share your report? Or from Power Query Editor please share the Applied Steps by going into Advanced Editor

Where it could be filtered?

Why filter shows options with 0?

Analitika_0-1629449634778.png

Like Veiklos Pelnas 0 instead Veiklos Pelnas 1.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.