Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data not showing after changing dataset

Hi

I have a generic report.This report runs on demo dataset.

When going live i change the dataset to another dataset. After that only my slicers contain data. 

When i click a slicer then the data is shown. This behaviour is not as it should be i think.

Biggest problem is that i have a Reset Filter Action Button in my report. This button goes back to default mode meaning again showing no data for the visuals. For this behaviour to change i must open change the bookmark. So select a slicer, Then select all selections and update the Reset bookmark.

This unexpected behaviour is making fast deployment near impossible. 

How can i change this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i found the solution (with help from a collegue). Before changing the dataset make sure all slicers are off. It looks like PBI holds the slicerselection. Since the slicer selection of a company does not exist in another company the selection returns a non existent value and hence no data can be filtered.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i found the solution (with help from a collegue). Before changing the dataset make sure all slicers are off. It looks like PBI holds the slicerselection. Since the slicer selection of a company does not exist in another company the selection returns a non existent value and hence no data can be filtered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

where is this option ?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Check your options. You may have inadvertently set filter application to deferred.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I open my report in Power BI Desktop

remyo_0-1613980114037.png

Then i change the dataset using Transform -> Data Source Settings

remyo_1-1613980167374.png

When i select the Slicer my data appears. This behaviour is new. Before my new data would just show.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are you using deployment pipelines? Are you using apps? Have you republished the app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.