Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data not displaying in visualization

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help. I'm experiencing a strange issue where calculated column data is displaying in my tables but when I try to use it under the visualization tab - either a filter or in a chart - it doesn't display. For example, I've created a simple flag under table:

Name                            Ex-Employee Flag

Joe                                1

David                            0

However in visualization, if I try to filter a graphic to current employees only (ie 0), all I can see under basic filtering is:

Ex-Employee Flag

is All

Basic filter:

[unticked box] Select all

If I create a simple card graphic to total the flag, I also get [Blank].

I've tried everything from refreshing data, unlinking all my tables and even rebuilding the report from scratch. Nothing works! I'm wondering if this is a problem with the latest Power BI update and whether anyone else has experienced the problem? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Tiff

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Couldn't reproduce your issue, the basic filter shows items well on my side, could you clarify more details about your model?

Capture.PNG  

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there a slicer or another filter in use (page- or report-level) that would impact the available values for this flag?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.