Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carlol
Helper IV
Helper IV

Data not all at the same granular level

Hi 

I have a data model, fact / dimensions  , everyfact table minus one can drill down as ganular as datatime 

the fact table D , I am having issues, ganularity is year / Quarter ; nightmare trying to link ; 1: many relationship with the other fact tables 

I can create an ID to link , consists of a primary key , quarter Num and year but it is not good practice to link fact to fact , I am geting into realional modelling vs demensional ; it does give me the desired result 

Ideally if I had fact table D at the same ganular level as the others (datatime) all would be easy unfrotunetly it is outside of my control what I receive 

I could try using End Of Quarter date as a key , meesing around with max function ; not a nice solution 

Anybody come across a solution to this ?

3 REPLIES 3

I just get this error 

Capture.PNG

Hi.  @carlol 

Can you show the relationships you have currently established between tables in a screenshot?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.