Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vancehuynh
Regular Visitor

Data and chart in Power BI Desktop not updating after copying the source files to new location

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this.  I copied the Pbix files and the other source files to a new folder location.  I then go to Power Query and change the Data source settings of the source files to reflect the new folder location.  I made sure to refresh the data along the way.  Then, I updated the data of the source files in the new folder location, go back in Power Query and refresh the data again.  However, the data in Power Query is showing that the data is not updated and still show old data.  It doesn't matter if the refresh is made in Power Query or in the Power BI Desktop.   Could someone help with this?

Thanks,

Vance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @vancehuynh ,

You need to do transformation through power query, select excel table, go to advanced view and change the path and make sure to repeat for all excel tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vancehuynh
Regular Visitor

I have figured out the reason why it didn't work.  I did not connect to the new source for all spreadsheets all at once.   Thank you for your tip.

- vance

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @vancehuynh ,

You need to do transformation through power query, select excel table, go to advanced view and change the path and make sure to repeat for all excel tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

I did all that but it did not reflect the new data even though the source files have the new data.  Refresh didn't do it either.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.