Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Selded
Helper III
Helper III

Data Restriction in Visualization

I have two clients SGP and AAIL _Amax and column in my sales table called total sales. i am using the clustered column chart and plotting daily sales for novemeber. i have two slicers , one for client the other for date. When i select SGP the client slicer, i see data in th visualization from 1st to 15th but when i select AAIL_amax, i only see data from 1st to 3rd although there in data for 1st to 15th from the data view in the sales table. what could be happening as i dont have any other page filters or report filters in use.

Selded_0-1636975635516.png

Selded_1-1636975665601.png

thanks for the help

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Selded 

I saw you are using Day from Date hierarchy on X axis. Try replacing it with the whole date without date hierarchy and check the result.

If it still fails, can you let us know if you are using a date table? If not, you could add a date table to the model and create a relationship between date table and sales table on date column. Then use date column from date table in the date slicer and on axis of the chart. Do You Need a Date Dimension? - RADACAD

If using a date table doesn't work either, please provide a sample pbix (removing sensitive info) which can reproduce this problem. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Selded
Helper III
Helper III

Selded_0-1636980814128.png

this shows the filters controlling the visual @HotChilli 

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

The first thing to check is what filters are affecting the chart so hover the mouse over the funnel icon in the corner of the chart.

If that shows only the filters you expect then show us the data in the data view that you think is not being shown.

------------------

If you want a faster resolution, link your pbix and I'll have a look at it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.