Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBINoob24
Resolver I
Resolver I

Data Refresh - Data Not Updating

Hello,

I have a report that pulls data from an excel spreadsheet.  One of the columns is "Name"  Every time I've updated the spreadsheet and refreshed the data in desktop there has been no issues.

Recently I updated the data in the "name" with an "(A)" or "(T)" designator so I can use a DAX formula to categorize names.  The problem is now when I go to refresh the data in desktop the data in the Name column doesn't update.  I can see the updated data in the source spreadsheet, I watch the record count when I refresh and that is correct.  What am I missing?  I feel like I need to clear a cache somewhere or something like that.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yep.  Those were added to each row.  Must have been something with the connection.  My test files are local, the production files are in a sharepoint folder.  I pointed back to my test files and it picked up the changes.  Pointed it back to the production files and it started picking it up.  Weird.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HughLa
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @PowerBINoob24 

Did you add the (A) or (T) to each row of the Name column? 

Have you tried to create a new query to that file and see if it loads the data correctly? It might be something in your Power Query as well. 

Hugh

Yep.  Those were added to each row.  Must have been something with the connection.  My test files are local, the production files are in a sharepoint folder.  I pointed back to my test files and it picked up the changes.  Pointed it back to the production files and it started picking it up.  Weird.

Yeah, that's weird.

Glad it works now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.