Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Bhanu_chPBI
Helper I
Helper I

Data Modeling.

Im new to power bi actually i created bridge table using dax column for two diff tables using below function.

Bridge table = DISTINCT(UNION(ALL(Table1[Date]),ALL(Table2[Date])). to over come Many to Many relationship.
upto here it's fine. is it possible to add another table date column in same bridge table. 
9 REPLIES 9
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bhanu_chPBI ,

Please use the following Dax to create a bridge table.

Table = 
DISTINCT (
    UNION (
        UNION ( DISTINCT ( Table1[Date] ), DISTINCT ( Table2[Date] ) ),
        DISTINCT ( Table3[Date] )
    )
)

The PBIX file is attached for reference.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Hi @v-cgao-msft ,

Thank's a lot for your valuble response. and actually i need one more dought like if we don't have repeated date values in third table which function we need to use according to your dax function.

Hi @Bhanu_chPBI ,

Are you think in terms of performance? Here I use the DISTINCT function because I want to return a single column table. If there are no duplicate entries in the date column of Table 3, you can also use the ALL function here, which is a table function that also returns a single column of the table.

Table = 
DISTINCT (
    UNION (
        UNION ( DISTINCT ( Table1[Date] ), DISTINCT ( Table2[Date] ) ),
        ALL('Table3'[Date])
    )
)

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Hi @v-cgao-msft,

when i tried to use ALL Function i'm facing some issue in relationship. i have attached the screenshot below. issues shows some circular dependency.

Bhanu_chPBI_0-1659347387420.png

Hello @Bhanu_chPBI ,

Any updates?🤔

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

Hi @Bhanu_chPBI ,

What if you use the Dax provided for the first time? Does it also give error? 

See if helps:

Avoiding circular dependency errors in DAX - SQLBI

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bhanu_chPBI what do you mean by adding the column from another table?

Do you want to do the union of that column or add as a new column in this bridge table ?

If you want as a new column, what is the joining condition that you have between the tables?

Hi @Anonymous 

Actually I have add the screen shot for your reference below.

Bhanu_chPBI_0-1659010945465.png

Did you see combined usage details table to bridge table iam getting one to one and cross filter direction as both. actually what i tried to do is i create date column in combined usage details and connected to bridge table but i didn't add the column data in bridge table. in top three table we have only date table to gave relationship there is no other columns to gave relationship. so the main thing is I need to get proper relationship for three tables into bridge table and another point to mention in combined usage we don't have repeted date so, how can i get combined usage date column into bridge table.

Pls let me help how to get proper relationship. and this this entair report is filtering based on bridge date column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.