Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fjvillegas

Data Gateway and Azure PostgreSQL. Unknown host.

Hi all, 

I am trying to add an Azure PostgreSQL data source in Power BI. The DB is private therefore I have successfully integrated a Data Gateway. In the Manage Gateway settings the 'virtual network data gateway' is "Online" and its data in the 'data sources' is "Online" too. 

Despite all of this, I can't find the data source in the Desktop interface. I then try to add it using the 'Azure Database for PostgreSQL', then, I receive this error:

Details: "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'No such host is known'"

Sometimes before getting this error the interface asks for credentials but the above error shows after it anyway. 

I've found in some forums references to the Postgresql DB not Azure Postgresql DB which I am not sure is a limitation, is it? . Additionally I am not sure if this feature is just for Premium users (the only error displayed is the unknown host one)

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
fjvillegas

Hi V-Zhangti, 

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time. 

About the links, unfortunately they do not apply because: 

1. My credentials work fine when configuring Managed Gateway. Is the other step that reports 'unknown host' and not bad credentials.

2. Outdated. Suggests using an on-prem gateway using a VM

3. Applyes to on-prem gateway and not Azure Cloud data gateway

Thank you again

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @fjvillegas 

Please refer to the following links in the hopes of helping you.
Solved: Issues connecting to azure postgreSQL database - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Dataflow connector to Azure PostgreSQL - Microsoft Power BI Community

Connecting to PostgreSQL: "No such host is known" - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.