Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LQ-user
Regular Visitor

Dashboard don't update automatic

Hello everyone

I have a report that is updated via the gateway. This also works great.
From this I generate a dashboard. Unfortunately, this does not update automatically.
I have to re-upload the report each time to see current data.

This dashboard is displayed in the shop floor to show the current utilization. I can't re-upload the report even in an hour. Even if I go to visual update nothing happens.

Can anyone help me?

2 REPLIES 2
DMiradakis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Chiming in a bit late, but:

Definitely check out Scheduled Refresh if you have not already. This is essential if you're using Import Mode in your Power BI report.

If you're using a Power BI report, you might want to check out Automatic Page Refresh - it's quite handy for this sort of thing. However, it has some limitations that you'll need to be aware of. For instance, if you only have Power BI Pro, you can't get your page to refresh more than every 30 minutes at most. Be warned, this does NOT work with Import Mode. Also, Automatic Page Refresh does not have any sort of tab rotation/slideshow mode.

This is also a Windows 10 Power BI app in the Microsoft Store. It's OK, but it's quite limited in functionality.

I've actually built a custom Power BI app to help you build slideshows from Power BI reports and dashboards and display them on TVs, it's called Displagent. You can also find its docsite here. It has a lot of advanced features, much more advanced than the Windows 10 app from the Microsoft Store and Automatic Page Refresh, so check it out if intersted, happy to give you further info!

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

Hi @LQ-user 

Please follow the steps to configure a scheduled refresh.

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

The dashboard tiles will automatic refresh after the dataset being refreshed.

You may also take a look at this document.

Tutorial - Analyze fraudulent call data with Azure Stream Analytics and visualize results in Power B...

> https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Automatic-updates/m-p/2831192

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !! PL 300 Certification Series

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.