Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rytis
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard Updating with new data

Hi Everyone,

I've built a dashboard based on the dummy data. There are tons of visuals based on the data there is and various measures. 

I am planning to use this dashboard for real projects and I created Excel templates that are exactly the same as the dummy templates used for the dashboard. I hope that once I get the templates back filled with the real data it will be just a matter of changing the source and plugging them in into the dashboard. However, I think that it won't be as easy as Power BI is very sensitive to changes regarding source data.

What happens if there will be less/more rows in a specific table compared to the dummy, changed column names or similar? Anything else?

I want to get ahead and understand what troubleshooting this may require. I am not an expert and I want to understand what problems may occur down the line once I try to feed real data to the dashboard and how to resolve them. 

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Rytis

3 REPLIES 3
Rytis
Frequent Visitor

Anyone else?

Rytis
Frequent Visitor

Is there a way not to make a new Power BI Dashboard? There's so much to do that it is just not possible at the current time.

I will try to keep all the columns that are in the original source and keep the same column names - what's the worst that can happen if I just replace the data in the columns without changing the names? 

Is it possible to deal with the little errors that may occur?

Kannan_n
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Rytis

My suggestion is take the template as sample and create a new power bi report. When you try to connect different sources with different colum name it will make more problems. To solve all the pr in that time you will create a new based on the samples. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.