Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AlexIsac16
Regular Visitor

Dashboard Refresh

Hi Everyone,

I'm really hoping someone can help me here. I just created a dashboard in PowerBI Desktop and published it on My Workspace, with the purpose of giving access to a few other people. The problem is that after publishing it, I made a few other changes to the dashboard, and it's something that I'll have to maintain on a regular basis moving forward. However, regardless of how much I update the desktop version, the online version of the dashboard doesn't update. I tried to refresh the semantic model as well and I get the following message. 

dgfdgfdg.png

Can someone please tell me how to refresh the web version? 

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chonchar
Helper V
Helper V

@AlexIsac16 

So, in service, click the three little dots next to the data set, not the report. Navigate to settings. 

chonchar_0-1699989656098.png

That should bring you here. Make sure there is a gateway connection in addition to the source creds. 

Then you should be able to define the auto refresh critieria for the data set. 

Let me know if that helps. @me if you'd like some more info.

Best, 

Cam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
chonchar
Helper V
Helper V

@AlexIsac16 

So, in service, click the three little dots next to the data set, not the report. Navigate to settings. 

chonchar_0-1699989656098.png

That should bring you here. Make sure there is a gateway connection in addition to the source creds. 

Then you should be able to define the auto refresh critieria for the data set. 

Let me know if that helps. @me if you'd like some more info.

Best, 

Cam

@chonchar Cam,

Thank you kindly for your reply. Installed a gateway and edited the credentials and now the data can be refreshed. I was hoping you could confirm something else for me - is it true that everytime you create/edit a visual in your pbix file, that needs to be republished in order for the changes to be reflected in the web version of the dashboard? That sounds like a lot of tedious work. 

Thank you!

Alex

@AlexIsac16 

Changes saved in service will not be saved (I don't think).

If you want to update a visuals, etc in a report, you must do so in desktop and then republish. 

Thanks for the solution acceptance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.