Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kandidel
Frequent Visitor

DAX to get value from other column if "text before delimiter column" is blank

Hi there,

I have created a column in my model using "Insert Text before delimiter":

Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Text Before Delimiter", each Text.BeforeDelimiter(Text.From([Project ID], "en-GB"), "."), type text)

Partly the result is blank. In this case, I would like to have the value from column [opportunity code] in this table.

I have no idea how to get this working. Please help. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ibendlin, thanks for offering support. I have managed to go ahead with my issue by using a help colum where I check, if field in column "Masterproject" is empty and set respective neded value with help of a Switch-Function.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. I cannot help you without usable sample data.
Please paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services like OneDrive or Google Drive. I cannot use screenshots of your source data.
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Hi Ibendlin, thanks for offering support. I have managed to go ahead with my issue by using a help colum where I check, if field in column "Masterproject" is empty and set respective neded value with help of a Switch-Function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.